Saturday, February 20, 2010

Interview Time!

Most of us in TEP Secondary plan on staying in Philadelphia to start our teaching career. This is great for so many reasons.

Next year, our first as full-fledge teachers, will be full of challenges. It will be so wonderful to know that I have so many resources (my classmates) throughout the District!

Additionally, the Philadelphia School District is facing many challenges and is in need of some good teachers to help struggling schools. With a common educational background provided by Penn's TEP, we will kind of be like a united front for change.

So anyway, the process for getting hired in the Philadelphia School District began today! I just returned from my interview with a District Recruiter. I was asked a series of questions about my core beliefs about teaching, how I would handle classroom management situations, and what kind of lessons I've designed to meet the needs of different types of learners. All in all, the interview was great...and almost fun (dorky, I know). I was not asked to talk about anything I haven't thought about before, or even talked about before in class or with my classmates.

Each of us being interviewed received a score (out of 100) from our interviewer. This score will then be applied to the order in which we get to interview at selected schools. This is a pretty simplified explanation of the "site selection" process, but I will write more later.

It's so exciting to begin the process of getting hired as a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment